Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Feel Good Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free!)


Wow. Well then. Ok... I guess it doesn't really matter what the reason is that you may be feeling like you NEED a cookie today, but it doesn't mean that you have to stuff your face with crap that will inevitably make you feel worse long after the initial shock, and the sugar high, wears off. I've begun to realize that the answer to a bad day (week, month, year) is a lot of self-reflection, self-care and CHOCOLATE (well, duh)! When you're working with good quality, dark and dreamy chocolate, that whole "too much of a good thing" saying turns into a whole lot of blah blah blah (my hands are over my ears, chocolate is in my mouth, and I CAN'T HEAR YOU!) I never claimed to be mature, ok? Let's just get that straight. Ha! So, anywho... I made some super yummy, guilt-free double chocolate chip cookies and they are ah-maz-ing. Oh, and did I mention that they are gluten free, flourless, Vegan, refined sugar free, and gooey as heck? Yeahh babe. Get at me.

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Adapted from Oh She Glows

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water
1/4 cup soft, but not melted coconut oil
1/4 cup raw creamy almond butter (I used Trader Joes) 
2/3 cup unpacked coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons organic cacoa powder (can sub regular cocoa)
1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
4 large squares of dark chocolate, melted (I used Trader Joes 1lb. 72% bar)
A good amount of chopped dark chocolate (I eyeballed it)


Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flax seed with warm water and let stand for at least one minute. Add in remaining wet ingredients and sugar and whisk until creamy. Heat chocolate until just melted, about 30 seconds. Whisk into the wet ingredients. Grind 1 1/2 cups of oats into a flour and place in a separate bowl. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients and add into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chunks. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and bake on a silpat mat or parchment lined cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand at least one minute before transferring to a wire rack. Eat while gooey, or cooled. Can't go wrong here, friends.



xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment