Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Snack Bowl I Choose Over Ice Cream (Yes!)


This healthy snack bowl is my current go-to for satisfying a sweet tooth. I love it because it is just sweet enough, filling, and not only guilt-free, but I feel really good knowing I'm fueling my body with food that can actually make a difference in the performance of my bod (i.e. no sugar crashes, or mid-day slumps). I also feel really good about the fact that I look forward to eating this as a snack... I mean, let's be honest. How many of us have prepared healthy snacks that end up being wasted because we find something else (anything else) we'd rather be eating. Guilty.


Ingredients:

1 ripe banana
A handful of berries
A dollop of nut butter (I am devoted to peanut butter)
Granola (I really like Hemp granola)
Unsalted raw or roasted trail mix (I love Trader Joes antioxidant mix)
One square of dark chocolate
A small spoon of coconut oil (organic, unrefined is the business)

Just slice a banana, add some raspberries/strawberries/blueberries (whatever your favorites are), a dollop of nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, etc.), some granola and trail mix and arrange it all in a bowl. Melt one square of dark chocolate and some coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted smooth, and drizzle over the entire bowl. Devour.



I'd love to see what combinations you come up with! Tell me your favorites :]

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment