Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free!)



Heyyy! Long time no post! Things have been craaazy in both good and not so good ways (oh life). Anyway, I am currently studying for a Holistic Nutrition certification, which is really exciting for meee :] Because of life events, I am a little behind and I have been busting my buns which hasn't left much time for my blogging passion project. Anywho, I wanted to share this recipe because it turned out soooo good and I couldn't keep it to myself. Now back to the grind! Wish me luck!



Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies

Ingredients
  • 2 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1 cup + 3 tblsp creamy or crunchy raw or natural almond butter ( I used Trader Joe's Raw)
  • ⅓ cup pure maple
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened non dairy milk (I used cashew)
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup oat flour 
  • 1/4 cup almond flour 
  • 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao
  • Dark chocolate chunks or chips (I used Trader Joe's 72% dark chocolate bar)
Would you look at that batter?!

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, smash the banana until it resembles a puree. Mix in 1 cup almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, almond flour and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into your prepared baking dish. Dollop the 3 remaining tablespoons of almond butter over the top and use a knife to swirl into the batter. Top with your chopped chocolate or chips. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out with moist crumbs. Don't overbake! You want these to be dense and moist.

While these are good warm from the oven, I actually prefer them the next day. Somehow the banana flavor becomes more pronounced after these have "rested" and cooled. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or a big glass of cold almond or cashew milk!

xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment