Friday, November 9, 2018

Delicata Squash Salad


Believe it or not, but this is my first time EVER eating delicata squash! I know, I know, I'm late to the game. I would be slightly embarrassed if I hadn't just made this ridiculously tasty salad to share with all of you... but I did... so I'm not :] It is super simple, healthy, and satisfying. It's also really pretty to look at, which doesn't hurt anything. You can make a huge salad to share (hello Thanksgiving dinner!), or just whip one up for yourself.

Ingredients:

2 delicata squash
About 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
Seasoning of your choice (I used a garlic herb seasoning)
Salt and pepper to taste
Spinach or other super greens of choice
1 apple (I used honeycrisp)
1 cup raw cashews, toasted (walnuts are great, too!)
1 lemon
About 1/4 cup tahini
Rice wine vinegar


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the squash, then cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Slice into little U-shaped wedges, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Arrange the delicata squash on the baking sheet and sprinkle with seasoning, salt and pepper. Bake for about 30-40 minutes (flipping them halfway through) or until they are golden brown. Remove from oven to cool slightly. Toast the cashews in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Transfer into a dish to cool. Slice the apple. Arrange spinach on a serving plate, then top with delicata squash and apple. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top, then drizzle with tahini and a few splashes of rice wine vinegar. Top with toasted cashews and serve.


Happy Feasting!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment